My formal academic qualifications are as follows:
- Physics: BSc(Hons) 1st class.
- Physics: PhD.Awarded for original research into dynamic instabilities and chaos in bistable optical devices and the application of the results to semiconductor lasers. This research was funded in part by the BT research labs at Martlesham Heath, Suffolk, England where I had the pleasure of spending a few happy summers and had the opportunity to work with many talented and creative people.
- I hold professional level membership of the Institute of Physics (MInstP)
- I hold professional level membership of the British Computer Society (MBCS)
- I am a Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
I remain undecided on the ISEB certification process in software testing and have not pursued any accreditation in that area; partly because of my professional workload and partly because of doubts I have in relation to the accreditation process itself. This may change in the future but for now I do not hold any ISEB certification. Hopefully that's not a problem for you, if it is I'll be happy to either discuss the matter with you or provide you with testimonials from previous clients on the quality of my work.